Are you expecting vegan guests at your next get-together? No worries! While the vegan diet may seem difficult to cater to, these two recipes are easy to make. Plus, they're so delicious, you might find your non-vegan friends chowing on these tasty treats, as well.
12 ounces cremini mushrooms
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper
- Clean the mushrooms, trim the stems and place the mushrooms into a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and vinegar.
- Sprinkle in the oregano.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil and mix until emulsified.
- Whisk in the salt and pepper.
- Pour this marinade over the mushrooms and refrigerate overnight in an airtight container.
- Serve at room temperature.
Oven-baked Zucchini Chips
1 large zucchini, washed and cut into 1/4-inch discs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
Olive oil spray
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place zucchini slices on a paper towel, sprinkle them with salt and let the slices sit for about 15 minutes. This will draw out moisture and make crispier chips.
- In a bowl, whisk together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, garlic powder and Italian seasoning until combined.
- Pour flour into a small bowl and the almond milk into another small bowl.
- Pat off any excess water from the zucchini discs, then dip each into the flour.
- Next, dip the discs into the almond milk and then press them into the breadcrumbs until both sides are coated.
- Place on the baking sheet. Repeat with all discs.
- Spray the tops of the zucchini with olive oil. Flip them over to spray the other side.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip the zucchini and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with a side of marinara sauce.
Are you searching for a great apartment for entertaining? Then, please come check out our apartments in Vallejo. Our community boasts beautiful views of the bay, a swimming pool, and a BBQ and picnic area.